The Elephant House Shop knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. By visiting Elephanthouse.biz pages, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information We Collect
- Web usage and other automatic information, for example, "cookies" and your purchase history, to develop and improve your shopping experience at The Elephant House Shop
- Registration information you provide to us to process your orders and keep you informed, such as your name, postal address and e-mail address
- Other information you provide to us such as email communications and product reviews.
- Other information such as the IP address of the computer you used to access our website.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
- To handle and process your orders
- To communicate with you about your order
- To deliver products and services and process payments
- To update our records and generally maintain your account with us
- To send you updates on relevant products, services and special offers
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
Does The Elephant House Shop Share the Information it Receives?
All the personal information we collect is stored on a secure server and will not be sold to third parties by our company. We share personal information only as described below:
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies to fulfil your orders, deliver packages, send postal mail and email, and process credit and debit card payments.
- Protection of The Elephant House and Others: We will only release account and other personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of The Elephant House, our users or others. Obviously, this does not include releasing personal information (that is, selling, sharing or renting information for commercial purposes) that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: Other than as mentioned above, we will duly inform you if information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security of Your Information
- We maintain electronic and procedural safeguards to ensure the security of your personal information.
- We communicate only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. You enter your entire credit card number only on the secure and encrypted webpage of our third party payment processing provider near the end of order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to always sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What "Cookies" Are and How We Use Them
"Cookies" are small pieces of alphanumeric information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Most web browsers can tell you how to turn off "cookies" via their Help menus. However, no recognisable personal information is stored in the "cookie" itself. And, we use "cookies" together with your registration details to enable you to use and add to your shopping basket and to personalise your experience at our site. Therefore, we highly recommend you leave "cookies" turned on, and just be sure to always sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Notices and Revisions
Changes affecting how we operate our business can happen at any time and accordingly our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use can also change. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website regularly to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. Please note we will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.